This is the March 2018 release of the Sanderling App.
You can download the App executable file from https://github.com/Arcitectus/Sanderling/releases/download/v2018-03-24/2018-03-24.Sanderling.exe
A lot has happened since the last release in December. To give you a structured overview, I grouped the changes into the following areas:
- Adapt Memory Reading Of Chat Window
- Make It Easier To Start With Automation
- Fix Bugs And Expand Parsing
Adapting Memory Reading Of Chat Window
It seems CCP has a bad habit of deploying an update once a year which breaks Sanderling memory reading.
After the overview in 2017, this year it hit the chat window.
We quickly adapted the memory reading code, and after a review period, these changes are included in today’s release.
For details, see Adapting EVE Online Memory Reading For Chat Window
Making It Easier To Start With Automation
These changes are a step towards the goals outlined in January at An Outlook On Development Of BotEngine
There are several changes in
Bot section of the app to make it easier to operate bots:
- The development environment automatically loads the last saved or loaded script file into the editor on startup.
- Saving and loading bots is made simpler in the new user interface.
- To make it easier to start with mining, a mining bot is added. This bot is based on the existing ore asteroid mining bot and modified for easier setup.
This miner can be used without making changes to the code. It also automatically detects whether the active ship has an ore hold.
- Bot authors can now define a section of text to be shown prominently in the user interface when previewing or operating the bot. This way we can show instructions for setup or operation without the need to switch to the full code editor. You can see use of this functionality in the included mining and autopilot bots.
For more background about work in this area, see the thread at Development Of Sanderling - March 2018
To operate a bot in this new graphical interface, you need to enter a bot operation key when starting the bot. You can obtain your key by registering at http://manage.botengine.org
Bug Fixes And Parsing Expansion
- Abador expanded parsing code to support detection of Microwarpdrives: https://github.com/Arcitectus/Sanderling/pull/40
- Moritz Brunner shared his change to fix the MouseDoubleClick method: https://github.com/Arcitectus/Sanderling/pull/45
Thank you all who contributed to the development and reviewed and tested the changes to ensure we have a solid release!